- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Dennis Newlon and Susan Newlon of Hannibal, Mo., announce the engagement of their daughter, Laura Ann Newlon of Cape Girardeau, to Joshua Richard Baugh. He is the son of Stephen Baugh and Theresa Baugh of Jackson, Mo.
Newlon expects to receive a bachelor's degree in criminal justice from Southeast Missouri State University in May. She is employed with Division of Youth Services at New Madrid Bend Youth Center.
Baugh is pursuing a degree in secondary education at Southeast University. He is employed at Wireless Retail Inc.
A June 1 wedding is planned at Central Park in Hannibal.