- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Oliver Martin Jr.
ST. MARY'S, Mo. -- Oliver J. "Buddy" Martin Jr., 70, of St. Mary's died Friday, March 8, 2002, at his home.
He was born April 18, 1931, at Ozora, Mo., son of Oliver J. and Estella Slater Martin Sr. He and Maxine Barger were married April 14, 1956, in St. Louis.
Martin retired as a truck driver with Sabreliner Corp. He was a member of American Legion and Teamsters Union.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Barbara Guyott of Arnold, Mo.; six sons, Gary, Tom, Charles and Mark Martin of Perryville, Mo., John and Lee Martin of Advance, Mo.; two sisters, Patsy Heberlie of Brewer, Mo., Bernetta Heberlie of Perryville; nine grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son, and three sisters.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday, and Monday after 6:30 a.m.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Irvin Brooks officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery, with graveside military rites by American Legion Post 133.