- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ALTO PASS, Ill. -- Burl D. Fox, 73, of Alto Pass died Friday, March 8, 2002, at St. Joseph Hospital in Murphysboro, Ill.
He was born Oct. 6, 1928, near Alto Pass, son of Louie and Ruby Lyerla Fox. He and Imogene Baltzell were married March 11, 1950, in Murphysboro.
Fox retired as maintenance supervisor at the Mendota, Ill., High School. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Alto Pass.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Randy Fox of Mendota, Kevin Fox of Torrence, Calif.; a sister, Shirley Potulski of Westland, Mich.; nine grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son, and a granddaughter.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Alto Pass from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday, and after 10 a.m. Monday at First Baptist Church.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the church, with the Revs. Danny Miller and Bill Vandergraph officiating. Burial will be in Alto Pass Cemetery.