- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
James F. Wendel, 74, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, March 7, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Aug. 8, 1927, in Onawa, Iowa, son of Peter and Dora Lillian Wendel. He and Bonnie Barks were married in February 1972 in Advance, Mo.
Wendel served 20 years in the U.S. Air Force. He owned and operated Wendel Home Improvement.
Survivors include Bonnie Umfleet of Cape Girardeau; four sons, Pete Umfleet of Brownwood, Mo., Keith and Mark Umfleet of Cape Girardeau, Terry Umfleet of Scott City; two daughters, April Yarbro and Pamela Burns of Cape Girardeau; four brothers; a sister; 17 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
There is no visitation or funeral.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.