- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Frank McNier, 77, of Anna died Friday, March 8, 2002, at City Care Center in Cobden, Ill.
He was born Jan. 21, 1925, in Carbondale, Ill., son of David Frank and Mildred Frances Mayhew McNier. He and Mildred Batson were married Aug. 12, 1948. She died April 2, 1992.
McNier was a retired dispatcher with Illinois Central Railroad.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II and received the Purple Heart.
Survivors include two sisters, Jane Pendleton of Farmington, Mo., and Julia Ludwig of San Diego, Calif.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call after 1 p.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
Private graveside service will be held Monday at Anna Cemetery, with the Rev. Sidney Davis officiating.