- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Leonard C. Bittle, 92, of Anna died Friday, March 8, 2002, at City Care Center.
He was born May 9, 1909, at Alto Pass, Ill., son of Walter and Cora Lingle Bittle. He and Helen Frances Friese were married Nov. 14, 1936, in Murphysboro, Ill.
Bittle owned and operated L.C. Bittle Trucking Co. 42 years. He was a member of Beech Grove Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Larry Bittle of Paducah, Ky.; a daughter, Melody Gamber of Anna; a sister, Mildred Emrick of Jonesboro, Ill.; two brothers, Howard Bittle of Anna, Karl "Doc" Bittle of Jonesboro; three grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, a sister, and four brothers.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after noon Sunday.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Greg Bittle officiating. Burial will be in Alto Pass Cemetery.