- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SCOTT CITY, Mo. -- Mattie Marie Gore Busher Smith, 76, of Scott City died Friday, March 8, 2002, at her home.
She was born Aug. 17, 1925, at Bragg City, Mo., daughter of Peter Wilhelm and Lillie May Isaacks Gore. She and Frank W. Busher were married Aug. 9, 1941, at Benton, Mo. He died in 1986. She and Dewey Smith were married in 1969 in Cape Girardeau. He died Dec. 16, 1984.
Mattie was a member of the Church of God at Bakersville, Mo. She was a great adviser to family and friends.
Survivors include three sons, Edward Busher of Wichita, Kan., Jody Busher of Spivey, Kan., Lonnie Busher of Scott City; a daughter, Lula M. Rhyne of Scott City; a sister, Ruby M. Hornburg of Marston, Mo.; nine grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a son, Alvin F. Busher; half brothers and half sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mt. Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mary Null officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society or American Heart Association.