- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Georgia Tenkhoff Marchildon, 84, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, March 6, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 25, 1917, at Zalma, Mo., daughter of George and Margaret McCormick Mouser. She and Jerome Tenkhoff were married Feb. 13, 1943. He died July 1, 1983. She later married Holly C. Marchildon Jr. March 28, 1987, in Cape Girardeau.
Marchildon worked at Hecht's more than 25 years. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and the Ladies Mission Club.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Michael Tenkhoff of St. Albans, W.Va.; a daughter, Mary Hamacher of Stone Mountain, Ga.; two stepsons, Jerry Marchildon of Washington, D.C., Richard Marchildon of Chester, Ill.; two stepdaughters, Janet Usher of Herrin, Ill., Judy Yates of San Antonio, Texas; three grandchildren; a great-grandchild; 10 stepgrandchildren; and three great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at St. Vincent's Church, with the Rev. Charles Prost officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Ford and Sons Mt. Auburn Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.