- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
religion calendar 3/9
Rummage sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Westside Church of God. Housewares, furniture and an upright organ are for sale. Proceeds to benefit the youth for an international youth convention.
Spaghetti supper from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Eisleben Lutheran Church in the parish hall. The meal is a benefit for Brenda Roth to help with expenses for a wheelchair lift for her handicap-accessible van. Tickets are $4 for adults and $2 for children 12 and under. AAL Branch 684 is providing matching funds for the event.
Ordination service at 3 p.m. for the Rev. Chris Girard at First Free Will Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Smorgasbord supper served family-style at 3 p.m. at Concordia Lutheran Church in Frohna, Mo. The meal includes chicken, barbecue pork chops, potato salad and slaw. Tickets are $6.50 for adults and $3 for children 6-11. The meal is sponsored by the church's Men's Club.
Noon meeting of Cape Girardeau County Christian Women's Club at Holiday Inn. Topic is "Wearing of the Green" and will include Marilyn Gosh of St. Louis as guest speaker. Cost is $8.75 and complimentary day care is provided. For details, call Pat Renner at 334-1673.