- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
religion digest 3/9
Gospel sing set for Easter weekend
Two Gospel music concerts are set for Easter weekend at the A.C. Brase Arena Building in Cape Girardeau.
The McGruders of Kennett, Mo., will sing at the 7 p.m. performance on Good Friday, March 29. Other performers include Tony Gore and Majesty, Gospel Enforcers and the Gabbards.
The performance March 30 includes the Isaacs, Karen Peck and New River, the Comptons, Roarks and the Gabriels. The show begins at 6:30 p.m.
Pork sausage dinner set by Lutherans in Jackson
St. Paul Lutheran Men's Club of Jackson is hosting a grilled whole-hog pork sausage dinner from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. March 17. Food will be served in the upper level of the new multipurpose building.
Tickets are $6.50 for adults and $3 for children 6-12. The event is co-sponsored by Lutheran Brotherhood 8252 and AAL branch 1621.
Beginning Experience to hold retreat
Beginning Experience of Cape Girardeau is sponsoring a weekend retreat March 22-24 to help widowed, divorced or separated people.
The weekend retreat will be held on the grounds of St. Vincent de Paul Church at the De Paul Center.
Cost is $75 and financial assistance is available. For information, call Shirley at 334-0445 or Linda at 335-4093.
Benefit dinner planned for Gordonville woman
Christ Lutheran Church of Gordonville, Mo., will host a benefit dinner March 17 for Mary Jo Gross.
The ham and bean dinner will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Free will donations will be accepted.
-- From staff reports