- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Health calendar 3/9/02
Heartsaver CPR class from 8 a.m. to noon at Main Street Fitness in Jackson, Mo. The class is sponsored by the Wellness Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Fee is $20. To register call 334-WELL.
Preparation for childbirth class from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in conference room at Healing Arts Center. To register, call 331-5107.
Early discharge class from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in conference room at Healing Arts Center. For information, call 331-5107.
Understanding and working with Alzheimer's disease seminar from 9 a.m. to noon at Alongi DuQuoin Extension Center in Southtowne Mall. The class, which costs $5, is sponsored by John A. Logan College in Carterville, Ill. Call the continuing education department at (618) 985-2828 for details.
Diabetes cooking class from 1 to 3 p.m. in Diabetes Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Class size is limited, register by calling 651-5844.
Diabetes self-management group will host a program about diabetes risk from 1 to 2 p.m. at Generations Family Resource Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. The program includes a blood sugar screening. For information, call 651-5844.
Caring for a child with seizure disorders seminar from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Generations Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. The program will talk about signs and symptoms and what is appropriate care in emergency situations. The program is sponsored in conjunction with Educare and Childcare Resources and Referral at the university. Participants earn two continuing education credits. To register, call 651-5825.
Reclaiming life after loss support group meets from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in meeting room 101 at Southeast Missouri Hospital. The groups are for individuals coping with the loss of a spouse and for parents dealing with the loss of a child. For information, call 335-6208.
Heart and health screenings from 7 to 10 a.m. at Healing Arts Center. No appointment is necessary. Call 331-5970 for information.
Knee and hip pain seminar from 1 to 2 p.m. in the lobby at Southeast Missouri Hospital, sponsored by the hospital's bone and joint center. For information, call 651-5825.
Common eye problems seminar with Dr. Mason Bias from 3 to 4:30 p.m. in Generations Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. To register, call 651-5825.
United Ostomy Association meets at 4:30 p.m. in classrooms A and B at Regional Cancer Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. For information, call 651-5844.
-- From staff reports