- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Woman sentenced for embezzlement
ST. LOUIS -- A suburban St. Louis woman was sentenced to five months in a work-release program Friday for embezzling nearly $200,000 from the dental office she once managed.
Carol A. Strope, 55, of Chesterfield, pleaded guilty in December to felony tax evasion, mail fraud and credit card fraud. She was ordered to serve five months of home confinement after her work-release term, and to pay restitution of $50,000.