- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Georgia Tenkhoff Marchildon, 84, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, March 6, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 25, 1917, at Zalma, Mo., daughter of George and Margaret McCormick Mouser. She and Jerome Tenkhoff were married Feb. 13, 1943. He died July 1, 1983. She later married Holly C. Marchildon Jr. March 28, 1987, in Cape Girardeau.
Marchildon worked at Hecht's more than 25 years. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and the Ladies Mission Club.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Michael Marchildon of St. Albans, W.Va.; a daughter, Mary Hamacher of Stone Mountain, Ga.; two stepsons, Jerry Marchildon of Washington, D.C., Richard Marchildon of Chester, Ill.; two stepdaughters, Janet Usher of Herrin, Ill., Judy Yates of San Antonio, Texas; three grandchildren; a great-grandchild; 10 stepgrandchildren; and three great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mt. Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent's Church, with the Rev. Charles Prost officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.