- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
JACKSON, Mo. -- Dorothy D. Whitener, 86, of Jackson died Tuesday, March 5, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 30, 1915, in Advance, Mo., daughter of David W. and Dora A. Elfrank Dysinger. She and Myron Whitener were married Feb. 24, 1940.
Whitener was a member of New McKendree United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a brother, Elmer Dysinger of Delta, Mo., and a sister, Lona Burton of Olive Branch, Miss.
She was preceded in death by her husband, three brothers, and three sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo., after 5 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jimmy Corbin officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park Cemetery in Advance.