- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Vernon Robert Cooper, 87, of Bloomfield died Thursday, March 7, 2002, at the Beverly Health and Rehabilitation Center.
He was born Aug. 21, 1914, at Zadock, Mo., son of Charlie and Victoria Pope Cooper. He and Vercie May Dunivan were married Aug. 15, 1940, near Swinton, Mo.
Mr. Cooper was a retired construction worker and livestock farmer. He was a member of Oak Ridge General Baptist Church near Bloomfield, and had served as a deacon more than 60 years.
Survivors include his wife; four daughters, Mildred McClain, Linda McRoy and Velma White, all of Bloomfield, Janet Abernathy of Advance, Mo.; three sons, Milford and Larry Cooper of Bloomfield, Gary Cooper of Advance; nine grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
Mr. Cooper was preceded in death by four brothers, Norman, Vader, Floyd and Eldon Cooper; and four sisters, Myrtus Carney, Elva Mann, Geneva Cooper and Erma Hester.
Friends may call at Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. A son, Gary Cooper, and a son-in-law, Kenneth White, will officiate. Burial will be in Oak Ridge General Baptist Church Cemetery.