- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Teen old enough to understand what's happening
To the editor:
My opinion about the murder of Daniel Pearl is that the world should not be like this. I believe many people would agree. It is sad that Pearl, an innocent American, was killed to prove a point. I wish I could be young again so that when things like this happen, I would have no idea of what is going on. For young teens like me who have never seen things like this, it is very scary.
People act like this stuff just comes and goes with no big deal. But what the government does not tell you is how it really affects us. And of course they are not going to tell us that they aren't prepared for things like this. But who is? Since the attacks on the United States, I stay tuned in as much as possible and try to understand what's going on.
I surely hope the government used all its resources as much as it could to gain Pearl's release. Now that he has been killed, we can go in and find the murderers and prosecute them. If we sit back and wait for more threats to turn into actions, we are slowly going to lose our nation as a whole.