- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Rams tell Carter he can skip visit
At least for now, the St. Louis Rams have scrapped plans to meet with free agent wide receiver Cris Carter, venting frustration over the longtime Minnesota Viking's inability to come to town as scheduled.
"He supposedly got tied up in Cleveland" while visiting this week with the Browns, Rams coach Mike Martz said. "So we'll just move on. We had a lot of things set up, and a lot of people made plans for this visit."
St. Louis canceled the visit after Carter called the Rams to say he would be delayed, affecting at least three Rams coaches and four players Martz said had arranged their schedules for Carter's visit. Rams quarterback Kurt Warner was scheduled to have dinner with Carter on Wednesday evening.