- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Man sentenced in son's death
CLAYTON, Mo. -- A suburban St. Louis man convicted of involuntary manslaughter in last year's shaking death of his infant son has been sentenced to five years behind bars. St. Louis County jurors in January convicted Mark Anthony Counts, 39, of Olivette, in the death of 5-month-old Curtis Counts on Jan. 24, 2001.
Prosecutors offered evidence that the boy's death was not an accident but was caused by reckless conduct. Counts' defenders argued the child died of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.