- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Suicide bomber sets off explosion near supermarket in West Bank
JERUSALEM (AP) -- A suicide bomber blew himself up in a supermarket at the entrance to a Jewish settlement in the West Bank on Thursday, killing himself and wounding four bystanders, police said. One of the wounded was in serious condition.
The blast went off Thursday afternoon in the Hypernetto supermarket at the entrance to the Ariel settlement, one of the largest in the West Bank.
The explosion caused extensive damage to the supermarket, Israel TV reported.
The bombing came only hours after a Palestinian man carrying a bomb was overpowered by two patrons when he tried to enter a cafe in a trendy part of Jerusalem.
The two men blocked the Palestinian man from entering the cafe and seized a backpack that had wires hanging out of it, Jerusalem Police Chief Micky Levy said. The men disconnected the wires and prevented the bomb from going off, he said.