- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)9
- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Suicide bomber sets off explosion near supermarket in West Bank
JERUSALEM (AP) -- A suicide bomber blew himself up in a supermarket at the entrance to a Jewish settlement in the West Bank on Thursday, killing himself and wounding four bystanders, police said. One of the wounded was in serious condition.
The blast went off Thursday afternoon in the Hypernetto supermarket at the entrance to the Ariel settlement, one of the largest in the West Bank.
The explosion caused extensive damage to the supermarket, Israel TV reported.
The bombing came only hours after a Palestinian man carrying a bomb was overpowered by two patrons when he tried to enter a cafe in a trendy part of Jerusalem.
The two men blocked the Palestinian man from entering the cafe and seized a backpack that had wires hanging out of it, Jerusalem Police Chief Micky Levy said. The men disconnected the wires and prevented the bomb from going off, he said.