- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Suicide bomber sets off explosion near supermarket in West Bank
JERUSALEM (AP) -- A suicide bomber blew himself up in a supermarket at the entrance to a Jewish settlement in the West Bank on Thursday, killing himself and wounding four bystanders, police said. One of the wounded was in serious condition.
The blast went off Thursday afternoon in the Hypernetto supermarket at the entrance to the Ariel settlement, one of the largest in the West Bank.
The explosion caused extensive damage to the supermarket, Israel TV reported.
The bombing came only hours after a Palestinian man carrying a bomb was overpowered by two patrons when he tried to enter a cafe in a trendy part of Jerusalem.
The two men blocked the Palestinian man from entering the cafe and seized a backpack that had wires hanging out of it, Jerusalem Police Chief Micky Levy said. The men disconnected the wires and prevented the bomb from going off, he said.