- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Ruth Morrison, 89, of Maple Heights, Ohio, died Friday, March 1, 2002, at South Point Hospital in Warrensville Heights, Ohio.
She was born Aug. 9, 1912, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Hinton Wesley and Grace Davis Lee. She and Richard Joseph Morrison were married in Cape Girardeau. He died Dec. 26, 1977.
Morrison had been a cook for the Harrison family in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral.
Survivors include a son, Jerry Morrison of St. Louis; a daughter, Jacqueline Johnson of Maple Heights; a sister, Opal Hawthorne of Gary, Ind.; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and five sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Gefford Lamprea officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.