- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Thelma Ward Moore
KELSO, Mo. -- Thelma Ward Moore, 85, of Kelso died Monday, March 4, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 26, 1916, in Randles, Mo., daughter of William A. and Hattie Paralee Harmon Sledge.
She married Ralph S. Ward on March 25, 1935. He preceded her in death Jan. 27, 1970. She later married Alvin Moore on Feb. 10, 1973. He preceded her in death March 7, 1996.
She had been employed at Florsheim Shoe Co. in the skiving department.
Survivors include a son, Ron Ward of Scott City, Mo.; a brother, Ross Harmon of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Anna Sledge of Cape Girardeau; three grandsons, Tim Ward of Houston, Texas, Brad Ward of Jackson, Mo., and Matt Ward of Springfield, Ill.; and eight great-grandchildren, Nicholas, Mary, Nathan, Hailey, Grant, Grayson, Kati, and Peyton.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Luther Rhodes officiating.
Burial will be Memorial Park Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.