- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Sara Elizabeth Whistler and Corey Lee Alexander were married Sept. 1, 2001, at St. Ambrose Catholic Church. The Rev. Ralph Duffner performed the double ring ceremony. Scripture readers were Michelle Whistler and Angela Schaefer. Music was provided by Trio Girardeaux. Soloist was Neal Boyd of Sikeston, Mo.
Dr. Stephen and Vicki Whistler of Chaffee are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of James Alexander of Magnolia, Texas, and Carol Houseman of Conroe, Texas.
Matron of honor was Tara Noer of Jackson, Mo. Bridesmaids were Tracey Brown of Conroe, sister of the groom; Julie Bagwell of St. Louis, and Tisha Bailey of Scott City, Mo.
Chad Hartman of Spring, Texas, served the groom as best man. Groomsmen were Coy Brown of Austin, Texas, Chris Middleton of Tampa, Fla., and Nick Pietila of Clarksville, Tenn. Ushers were Matthew and Jacob Addison, cousins of the groom.
Candlelighters were Samantha Schaefer and Mallory Siebert, cousins of the bride.
Flower girl was Sierra Brown, niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Ethan McBride, cousin of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Drury Lodge.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 31 at Drury Lodge.
Mrs. Whistler-Alexander is a 1997 graduate of Chaffee High School, and is majoring in communications at Austin Peay State University. She is employed at Outback Steakhouse.
The groom is a 1996 graduate of Concordia Lutheran High School. He is stationed with the U.S. Army at Fort Campbell, Ky. He is a sergeant with the 163rd Military Police Detachment, and is a marksman/observer with Fort Campbell's Special Reaction Team.
After a wedding trip to Disney World, the couple is residing in Clarksville.