- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
religion calendar 3/2
Gospel singing at 7 p.m. at Shiloh Baptist Church in Villa Ridge, Ill. The Sisters Four Gospel Quartet of Keyesport, Ill., and the Gloryroad Travelers of Mounds, lll., will perform.
Celebration service at Second Missionary Baptist Church to honor the Rev. Wiley Reed on his seventh anniversary as pastor. Service is at 11 a.m., followed at noon by guest speaker, the Rev. J.R. Dowell and the choir of First Baptist Church of Mound City, Ill. Lunch will be served.
Grilled pork sausage supper served at 3 p.m. at Salem United Methodist Church in Daisy, Mo. The meal is served family style.
Pork sausage buffet supper at Hanover Lutheran Church, sponsored by the men's club. Serving begins at 3:30 p.m. Tickets are $6 for adults and $3 for children 6-12. Carryouts are available.
Evensong service at 5 p.m. at Baptist Student Center Chapel, hosted by Christ Episcopal Church. Music, including classical guitar and chant, will be provided by members of the university music department. A reception will follow the service.
First Tuesday noon worship from noon to 1 p.m. at Christ Evangelical Presbyterian Church. The service is open to anyone.
United Methodist Women at Centenary Church will meet for a catered lunch at noon in the lobby of the Family Life Center. Following lunch, Martha Maxton will preside over a business session. Dorothy March will bring a devotion and June Wrather will present a program. A special offering will be collected. The Susanna Wesley Circle will be the hostess group. Transportation is available by calling the church office at 334-2869.
Grace Methodist Women will meet at 9:30 a.m. for executive board meeting. A coffee fellowship will be at 10:30 a.m. at the church, with the Circle of Sharing as hostess. A business meeting begins at 11 a.m., with Marcia Ritter speaking about courageous women.
Prayer vigil at 8 p.m. at Academic Hall at Southeast Missouri State University to protest execution of Jeffrey Tokar. Event is sponsored by Missourians to Abolish the Death Penalty and Catholic Campus Ministries. Call 335-3899 for information.
Reservation deadline for Cape Girardeau County Christian Women's Club meeting. Call Pat Renner at 334-1673 to make reservations for lunch or day care. The meeting will be at noon March 11 at Holiday Inn.
Lenten fish dinner served from 4 to 7 p.m. at the upper hall at Knights of Columbus hall in Scott City, Mo. Tickets are $7 for adults and $3.50 for children 6-12. Carryouts are available for $7. Proceeds benefit parish schools.