- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Patricia B. Kiefner, 66, a resident of Bollinger County and former resident of Perryville, Mo., died Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Oct. 14, 1935, in Fredericktown, Mo.,, the daughter of Thomas A. and Mittie Roberts Barton. She married Edwin K. Kiefner on Aug. 18, 1956. He survives.
She was a homemaker. She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Perryville and was a PEO sister.
She also is survived by three sons, Kent B. Kiefner, Thomas B. Kiefner and Matthew A. Kiefner, all of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Mary Klestinske of Gray Summit, Mo., and Martha Nations of Atlanta, Ga.; and nine grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday at Young & Sons Chapel in Perryville and from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the First Presbyterian Church in Perryville, with the Revs. Thomas Bass and Bill Charlton officiating.
Burial will be at Home Cemetery.