- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
WHITEWATER, Mo. -- Mamie M. Starkey, 68, of Whitewater died Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2002, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 18, 1933, at Egypt Mills, Mo., daughter of L.A. and Minnie Fornkohl Myer. She married Cecil Starkey Sept. 30, 1950.
Starkey worked at Florsheim Shoe Co. in Chaffee, Mo., and Cape Girardeau, retiring as an inspector. She was a member of Zion Lutheran Church near Gordonville, Mo.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Michael Starkey of Jackson, Mo., Steve Starkey of Leopold, Mo.; three daughters, Brenda Stevens Dodd of Jackson, Connie Thorne of Benton, Mo., Diana Horn of Whitewater; nine grandchildren; a great-grandchild; and two stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. today, and after 9 a.m. Friday at Zion Lutheran Church.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. Wayne Schwiesow officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.