- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Bomb explodes near Israeli army roadblock, woman bomber killed
Associated Press WriterJERUSALEM (AP) -- A bomb went off near an Israeli military roadblock in the West Bank on Wednesday, police said. Military sources said a suicide bomber set off explosives inside a car, killing herself and wounding three policemen.
Two of the policemen suffered moderate injuries and one was lightly injured, the sources said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
The bombing took place on a road between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv that passes through the West Bank. Israel radio said the roadblock marks the entrance to the West Bank, near the Israeli town of Maccabim.
In late January, Wafa Idris, a 27-year-old paramedic, set off a bomb in Jerusalem, killing herself and an 81-year-old Israeli man. A branch of Yasser Arafat's Fatah movement claimed responsibility.
Idris was the first woman bomber since the outbreak of Israeli-Palestinian fighting 17 months ago. More than 30 Palestinian men have blown themselves up in suicide attacks, killing dozens of Israelis.
Earlier Wednesday, Israeli troops killed four armed Arabs in gun battles and a Palestinian employee shot dead an Israeli factory manager in an attack that was apparently politically motivated.
The violence followed a heated meeting between Palestinian and Israeli security commanders, convened to find ways to ease months of conflict.