- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Bomb explodes near Israeli army roadblock, woman bomber killed
Associated Press WriterJERUSALEM (AP) -- A bomb went off near an Israeli military roadblock in the West Bank on Wednesday, police said. Military sources said a suicide bomber set off explosives inside a car, killing herself and wounding three policemen.
Two of the policemen suffered moderate injuries and one was lightly injured, the sources said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
The bombing took place on a road between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv that passes through the West Bank. Israel radio said the roadblock marks the entrance to the West Bank, near the Israeli town of Maccabim.
In late January, Wafa Idris, a 27-year-old paramedic, set off a bomb in Jerusalem, killing herself and an 81-year-old Israeli man. A branch of Yasser Arafat's Fatah movement claimed responsibility.
Idris was the first woman bomber since the outbreak of Israeli-Palestinian fighting 17 months ago. More than 30 Palestinian men have blown themselves up in suicide attacks, killing dozens of Israelis.
Earlier Wednesday, Israeli troops killed four armed Arabs in gun battles and a Palestinian employee shot dead an Israeli factory manager in an attack that was apparently politically motivated.
The violence followed a heated meeting between Palestinian and Israeli security commanders, convened to find ways to ease months of conflict.