- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Bomb explodes near Israeli army roadblock, woman bomber killed
Associated Press WriterJERUSALEM (AP) -- A bomb went off near an Israeli military roadblock in the West Bank on Wednesday, police said. Military sources said a suicide bomber set off explosives inside a car, killing herself and wounding three policemen.
Two of the policemen suffered moderate injuries and one was lightly injured, the sources said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
The bombing took place on a road between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv that passes through the West Bank. Israel radio said the roadblock marks the entrance to the West Bank, near the Israeli town of Maccabim.
In late January, Wafa Idris, a 27-year-old paramedic, set off a bomb in Jerusalem, killing herself and an 81-year-old Israeli man. A branch of Yasser Arafat's Fatah movement claimed responsibility.
Idris was the first woman bomber since the outbreak of Israeli-Palestinian fighting 17 months ago. More than 30 Palestinian men have blown themselves up in suicide attacks, killing dozens of Israelis.
Earlier Wednesday, Israeli troops killed four armed Arabs in gun battles and a Palestinian employee shot dead an Israeli factory manager in an attack that was apparently politically motivated.
The violence followed a heated meeting between Palestinian and Israeli security commanders, convened to find ways to ease months of conflict.