- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Area firefighter suspended over harassment charge
BIEHLE, Mo. -- A local firefighter has been suspended after allegedly photographing a nude guest in his home, then threatening to post the photographs on the Internet.
Jackson city firefighter Mark Owens, who is also a volunteer firefighter in Biehle, is accused of taking naked photographs of a woman who was a guest in his home.
He's charged with harassment by mail.
Perry County Sheriff Gary Schaaf said the woman was staying with Owens while she was training to be a firefighter in Biehle.
Apparently Owens thought she took some firefighting equipment with her and wanted it back, Schaaf said.
He mailed some photographs to her, threatening to post them on the Internet if she didn't return the equipment, Schaaf said.
Jackson fire chief Brad Golden said the firefighter has been suspended pending review by the Jackson city attorney.