- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- James A. Meyer, 68, formerly of Perryville, died Sunday, Feb. 24, 2002, at Manor Care Nursing Home in St. Louis County.
He was born April 20, 1933, in Perryville, son of Herman P. and Justina Lauck Meyer. He and Norma Zoellner were married May 30, 1953. She preceded him in death. He later married Judy E. Ritz, who also preceded him in death.
Meyer worked in home improvement sales. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include two sons, Craig Meyer of St. Charles, Mo., Mark Meyer of South Bend, Ind.; a brother, Donald Meyer of Florissant, Mo.; a sister, Ethel Thompson of Manchester, Mo.; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. The parish wake will be at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Joe Williams officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.