- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- James A. Meyer, 68, formerly of Perryville, died Sunday, Feb. 24, 2002, at Manor Care Nursing Home in St. Louis County.
He was born April 20, 1933, in Perryville, son of Herman P. and Justina Lauck Meyer. He and Norma Zoellner were married May 30, 1953. She preceded him in death. He later married Judy E. Ritz, who also preceded him in death.
Meyer worked in home improvement sales. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include two sons, Craig Meyer of St. Charles, Mo., Mark Meyer of South Bend, Ind.; a brother, Donald Meyer of Florissant, Mo.; a sister, Ethel Thompson of Manchester, Mo.; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, and Thursday from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. The parish wake will be at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Joe Williams officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.