- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- William Holleman, 95, of East Prairie, died Monday, Feb. 25, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
Born Oct. 12, 1906, in McCory, Ark., he was the son of Jim and Alice Goodwin Holleman. He had lived in East Prairie since 1955.
Holleman was retired from the U.S. Navy and a veteran of World War II.
On Sept. 30, 1930, at Charleston, Mo., he was married to Ruby L. Jeffries. She died May 27, 1991.
Survivors include a brother, Chester Holleman of Pinion Hills, Calif., and a sister, Ida Leisinger of Kingsburg, Calif.
In addition to his parents and wife, he was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m., today at the Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie.
Funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Martin Lucas officiating. Burial will follow in East Prairie Memorial Park Cemetery with full military honors.