- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Ruth Marie French, 87, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Feb. 25, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born May 24, 1914, in Hickory Ridge, Ark., daughter of William and Martha Wyatt Pendergrast. She and Henry Norris were married July 16, 1932, in Thebes, Ill. He died in 1966. She and Howard French were married in Cape Girardeau. He died in 1970.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary Jacobs of Caseyville, Ill.; four grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter and four sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home after 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Raymond Oxford officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.