- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Nitschs married 50 years
JACKSON, Mo. -- Mr. and Mrs. Bob Nitsch of Jackson celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Sept. 23, 2001, with a dinner and dance at Jackson Jaycees Community Center.
Nitsch and Gladys Thompson were married Sept. 23, 1951, at New McKendree United Methodist Church. They have lived and farmed in the Jackson area all their married life.
Their children and spouses are: Donna and Steve Stovall of Jefferson City, Mo., Dr. Kevin and Brenda Nitsch of Rochester, N.Y., and Darla and Mark Hemmann of Chesterfield, Mo. They have five grandchildren, Logan and Erin Stovall, and Daniel, David and Samuel Nitsch.