- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Calvin Snyder, 78, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Feb. 22, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born June 17, 1923, at Bonne Terre, Mo., son of John Calvin Snyder and Mary Jane Rolens Snyder.
He worked for the Borden Co. 35 years, 21 years as manager of the Cape Girardeau plant before retiring in 1988. He was a 1940 graduate of Desloge High School.
He and Ruth Maude Hays were married Aug. 16, 1942, in Bismarck, Mo. She died Feb. 3, 2001.
Survivors include a son, Randall L. Snyder of Mount Vernon, Ill., and a sister, Virginia Meyers of Bonne Terre.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. today at Caldwell Funeral Home in Park Hills, Mo.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Willard Snyder officiating. Burial will be in Hillview Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Farmington, Mo.