- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Calvin Snyder, 78, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Feb. 22, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born June 17, 1923, at Bonne Terre, Mo., son of John Calvin Snyder and Mary Jane Rolens Snyder.
He worked for the Borden Co. 35 years, 21 years as manager of the Cape Girardeau plant before retiring in 1988. He was a 1940 graduate of Desloge High School.
He and Ruth Maude Hays were married Aug. 16, 1942, in Bismarck, Mo. She died Feb. 3, 2001.
Survivors include a son, Randall L. Snyder of Mount Vernon, Ill., and a sister, Virginia Meyers of Bonne Terre.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. today at Caldwell Funeral Home in Park Hills, Mo.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Willard Snyder officiating. Burial will be in Hillview Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Farmington, Mo.