- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Police: Nurse assistant stole ring from patient's finger (10/27/16)10
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)10
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Cape teacher resigns after accusation of assaulting student at football game (10/26/16)11
4 Israelis shot and killed in Palestinian ambush
Associated Press WriterJERUSALEM (AP) -- Four Israelis were shot and killed and three others wounded, two critically, in a Palestinian attack in the West Bank on Tuesday, Israeli military sources said.
The sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the shootings occurred near the Palestinian village of Ein Arik, west of Ramallah.
Israeli radio reported a group of Palestinian gunmen penetrated a building near an Israeli roadblock and opened fire on the occupants.
The army did not immediately comment.
The attack followed stepped up reprisals by Israel for Palestinian attacks that claimed nine Israeli lives -- including those of two teen-agers -- in six days.
Eight Palestinians, including a 14-year-old girl, were killed earlier Tuesday in Israeli airstrikes, shelling and a raid by undercover forces.
Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is under growing pressure from hard-liners in his coalition. Israel accuses Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat of professing commitment to peace talks while quietly encouraging militants to carry out attacks.