- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Gladys M. Ernst, 93, of Perryville died Sunday, Feb. 17, 2002, at Perry County Nursing Home.
She was born Nov. 9, 1908, at Perry County, daughter of Ernst and Genevieve Tucker Moore.
She and Gilbert A. Ernst were married June 9, 1922. He died Sept. 8, 1968.
Ernst was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, a former member of the Knights of Columbus Auxiliary and the American Legion Auxiliary in Perryville.
Survivors include three daughters, Linda McDermott of Independence, Mo., Sandy Schetter of Cape Girardeau and Joyce Ernst of Perryville; nine grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sons, seven brothers and six sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and from 6:30 to 9:40 a.m. Wednesday at Young and Sons Funeral Chapel. A parish wake will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Joe Williams officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.