- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CAIRO, Ill. -- David L. Reisinger, 53, of Villa Ridge, Ill., and formerly of Carterville, Ill., and Cairo, died Sunday, Feb. 17, 2002, at the home of a sister.
He was born July 30, 1948, at Cairo, son of Isom and Salome Schmaeng Reisinger.
He worked as a corrections officer at the Federal Bureau of Prisons at Marion.
He was a member of the Marion Federal Prison Employees Club, Shawnee Division of the Illinois Police Association, American Federation of Government Employees Local 2343, a life member of the National Rifle Association, charter member of the NRA Golden Eagles and a life member of Buckmasters. He also was a life member of the International Freelance Photographers Association.
He was a veteran of the Vietnam War, having served in the U.S. Navy in the USS Coral Seas.
Survivors include seven sisters, Ruth Marcy of San Jose, Calif., Mary Wehrle of Anutt, Mo., Ann Pica of Fairbury, Ill., Rita Kupris and Loretta Reisinger, both of Springfield, Ill., Agnes Wehrenberg of Villa Ridge and Martha Reisinger of Murphysboro, Ill.; three brothers, Frederick Reisinger of Ashton, Ill., William Reisinger of Oakdale, Conn., and Michael Reisinger of Schenectady, N.Y.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a twin sister.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. Tuesday at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo. Parish prayers will be at 6:30 p.m. at the funeral chapel.
Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Mound City, with Monsignor Bill McGhee, Dr. Larry L. Potts and Jim Rivette officiating. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery at Villa Ridge.