- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Paul Robert "Robbie" Deck, 54, of Leopold died Saturday, Feb. 16, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 13, 1947, at Glen Allen, Mo., son of Paul F. and Laura Christine Huskey Deck.
He and Cecilia Jansen were married Aug. 7, 1971, at Leopold.
He was a 1965 graduate of Woodland High School and a 1971 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. He was a quality control specialist with ARI. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus and a former Grand Knight.
He was a member of St. John Catholic Church.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Mary Ella Vajnar of Hayes, Kan., Patricia Ann Deck of Springfield, Mo., and Susie Deck of Leopold; three sons, Paul Douglas Deck of Cape Girardeau, Bryan Walter Deck of Whitewater, Mo., and Mark Deck of Leopold; a sister, Polly Sitze of Glen Allen; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday, with parish prayers at 7 p.m. A Knights of Columbus rosary also will be at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. John Catholic Church, with the Rev. Bill Huggins officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.