- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Geneva R. Leslie, 60, of Marble Hill died Sunday, Feb. 17, 2002, at her daughter's home.
She was born July 12, 1941, at Whitewater, Mo., daughter of Robert and Hazel Grindstaff Sawyer.
She and the Rev. Rupert "Jack" Leslie were married June 10, 1959. He survives.
She had worked as an inspector at Paramount Hat Co. for several years. She attended Shady Dell General Baptist Church, where her husband is pastor. She taught Sunday school for many years.
Other survivors include three daughters, Kathy Smedley of Winnsboro, Texas, Carolyn Knight of Marble Hill and Renee Marquis of Millersville, Mo.; two sisters, Genece Felty of Jackson, Mo., and Faye Hahn of Millersville; and 10 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral chapel, with the Revs. Phillip Knight and Ron Smedley officiating. Burial will be in Mount Zion Cemetery near Scopus, Mo.