- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Scherers wed 50 years
KELSO, Mo. -- Mr. and Mrs. Theon Scherer of Kelso celebrated their 50th anniversary with a mass Sept. 16, 2001, at St. Augustine Catholic Church. Celebrant was the Rev. Oliver Clavin.
A reception and dinner was held at the parish center.
Scherer and Leona Schwartz were married Sept. 12, 1951, at St. Augustine Church by Msgr. Joseph Keusenkothen. Their attendants were Coena Schwartz Reinagel, Alma Westrich Heisserer, the late Leon Scherer and the late Albert Schwartz Jr.
Mr. and Mrs. Scherer have farmed all their married life.
Their children, spouses and grandchildren are: Marilyn and Lonnie Sievers, Eric and Curtis of Jackson, Mo.; Paul and Beverly Scherer, Brian and Amanda of Kelso; James Scherer, Amy, Elizabeth and Christopher of Kelso; Jane and Pat Fosse, Nicholas and Matthew of Jackson; and Carolyn and Gerard Essner, Ashley, Zachary and Abby of New Hamburg, Mo.