- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
JACKSON, Mo. -- Curt and Kathy Casteel of Jackson announce the engagement of their daughter, Lynn Elaine Casteel, to Ryan Paul Harper, both of Cape Girardeau. He is the son of Paul and Pam Harper of Jackson.
Casteel is a 1998 graduate of Jackson High School. She expects to receive a bachelor of arts degree in English from Southeast Missouri State University in May.
Harper is a 1996 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in English/secondary education from Southeast in 2000, and expects to receive a master's degree in English from the university in May. He has a teaching assistantship at Southeast, where he works at the Writing Center and the Center for Faulkner Studies.
A June 22 wedding is planned at First Baptist Church in Jackson.