- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
William H. "Junior" Absher, 80, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Dongola, Ill., died Friday, Feb. 15, 2002, at his home.
He was born May 19, 1921, in Anna, Ill., son of Benjamin H. and Edna Rushing Absher.
He and Naomi R. Sowers were married July 20 1945, in Anna.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Terry Absher of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Delores Phelps of Doniphan, Mo., Ramona Morgan of Carterville, Ill.; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother and four sisters.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.