- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
JACKSON, Mo. -- Stephen "Steve" L. Jeans, 51, of Jackson died Friday, Feb. 15, 2002, at his home north of Jackson.
Friends may call Monday, Feb. 18, between 6 and 8 p.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
Funeral arrangements are pending at Grandview Funeral Home in Hannibal, Mo., with burial in Grandview Burial Park. The Rev. David Huck will officiate the service.
Steve was born Feb. 6, 1951, at Cordova, Ala., son of Johnnie and Violet Ruth Willow Jean. He and DeAnna Thompson were united in marriage Dec. 31, 1999.
Loving survivors include his wife, DeAnna of Jackson; a daughter and son-in-law, Tammi and Terry L. Stallard Jr. of Hannibal; and two sisters, Paula "Judy" Bernath of Lyles, Tenn., and Diane Donley of Euclid, Ohio.
He parents preceded him in death.
Steve owned and operated a carnival concession stand many years in the Midwest prior to moving to Jackson in 1997. In 1998, he began working as a machinist at Rubbermaid and as a painter for Hawg-Wild Trailer Sales north of Jackson.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to St. Jude Children's Hospital.