- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
JACKSON, Mo. -- Frankie M. Allen, 86, formerly of Neely's Landing, Mo., died Friday, Feb. 15, 2002, at Beverly Health and Rehabilitation Services of Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 6, 1916, daughter of William and Nora Webb Myer. She and Burley F. Allen were married Oct. 19, 1931, at Bloomfield, Mo. He died Sept. 8, 1985.
Allen was a member of New Bethel Baptist Church near Pocahontas, Mo.
Survivors include two sons, Harry D. Allen of Cape Girardeau, Kenny Allen of Virden, Ill.; nine grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, a great-grandson, five brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4-8 p.m. Sunday, and at New Bethel Baptist Church after 10 a.m. Monday.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the church, with the Rev. John Rhodes officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.