- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
text graphic 2/16
Samples of the Bible texts in dispute
Some of the changes from the "New International Version" (NIV) of the Bible to "Today's New International Version" (TNIV):
1 Timothy 2:5.
NIV: There is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
TNIV: There is one God and one mediator between God and human beings, Christ Jesus, himself human.
Hebrews 2:6 (quoting Psalm 8:4)
NIV: What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
TNIV: What are mere mortals that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?
NIV: For this reason he (Jesus) had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest.
TNIV: For this reason he had to be made like his brothers and sisters in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest.
NIV: Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial...
TNIV: Blessed are those who persevere under trial...
NIV: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death.
TNIV: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save their soul from death.
NIV: Pilate tried to set Jesus free, but the Jews kept shouting...
TNIV: Pilate tried to set Jesus free, but the Jewish leaders kept shouting...
Source: The Associated Press