- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
religion calendar 2/16
WMU ladies luncheon at 11 a.m. at Red Star Baptist Church.
Chili and stew supper served from 4 to 8 p.m. at Zion United Methodist Church in Old Appleton, Mo. Meal is $5 for adults and $2.50 for children. A country store will be open and carryouts are available.
Vision, a Southern gospel men's quartet from Hannibal-LaGrange College, will perform at the 10:45 a.m. service at Commerce Baptist Church.
Family weekend services at 11 a.m. at the Lutheran Chapel of Hope at Pacific and College Hill Road. The regular 5 p.m. weekend service has been canceled. The Rev. David Dissen will preach in the morning. Organist is Madelyn Rasche.
Caldwell group of Grace United Methodist Women will meet at 9:30 a.m. at the home of Dorothy Randol. Aileen Mantooth will be co-hostess. Gwin Schild will present a program.
The Statler group of Grace United Methodist Women will meet at 9:30 a.m. at the church, with Jean Wetzel as hostess. Patsy Palmer will be co-hostess and Lillian Jones will give a program.
Susanna Wesley Circle will meet at 9:30 a.m. at the Limbaugh Parlor at Centenary United Methodist Church. Hostesses are Lois Boston and Iris Ford. Jeanne Long will give the devotion. Dr. Dan and Polly Cotner will speak about their trip to India.
The Sander group of Grace United Methodist Women will meet at noon for a covered dish luncheon. Mae Seabaugh will be hostess and LaVerne Batz will give the program.
United Methodist Women at Third Street Church will meet at 1 p.m. at the church. Darlene Williams will present a program about the Lenten season. Refreshments will be served. Rosely Bechel will be hostess.
Wimodausis Circle will meet at 2 p.m. in the Limbaugh Parlor at Centenary United Methodist Church. Hostesses are Alice Lewis and Wilma Neal. Lewis will give the devotion. Denis Rigdon will speak about Project Hope.
The Circle of Hope will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the church. The program will be "God's valentine for us."
The Circle of Sharing will meet at 7 p.m. at the home of Grace Hoover. Tammy Gwaltney will present a program about the Southeast Network Against Sexual Violence. Cheryl Mothes is program coordinator.
Lenten fish dinner served from 4-7 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus Upper Hall in Scott City, Mo. Meal is buffet style and is $7 for adults and $3.50 for children 6-12. Proceeds benefit area parish schools.