- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
sacred selections 2/16
Kim King of Cape Girardeau says she couldn't narrow her favorite Scriptures to just one, so she submitted three.
"As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you...."
Isaiah 66:13a (NIV)
"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6 (NIV)
"Jesus said to the woman, 'Your faith has saved you; go in peace.'"
Luke 7:50 (NIV)
David Dissen of Cape Girardeau says this passage reminds us as Christians that, even though we may be persecuted for our faith in Jesus Christ, all those who continue to trust in Jesus alone as the one who lived a holy life for them, died on the cross for their sins and rose again from the dead, will receive -- not a perishing medal like the Olympic winners -- but rather the crown of eternal life in heaven that endures forever.
"Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life."
Rev. 2:10b (NIV)
Goldie Benefield of Cape Girardeau said,"I keep this portion of Scripture on a piece of paper on a table by my favorite chair so I can read it each morning."
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."
2 Corinthians 9:8 (NIV)