- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
"Piece of My Heart" - A cathartic drama
The Southeast University Theatre presents "A Piece of MY Heart" by Shirley Lauro. The production is a powerful, true drama of six women who went to Vietnam - five nurses, and a country-western singer who is booked by an unscrupulous agent to entertain the troops.
The women fly to Vietnam on a wave of innocence and idealism. Their ideals only to be replaced by fear and panic when they arrive insufficiently trained and totally unprepared for the maimed bodies and the nonstop river of blood. The play portrays each young woman before, during, and after her tour in the war-torn jungle and ends as each leaves a personal token at The Wall in Washington.
Performances are Feb. 19-23 at 8pm and Feb. 24 at 2pm in the Forrest H. Rose Theatre on the campus of Southeast Missouri State University. For ticket information call the box office at (573)651-2265.