- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Three Israelis killed in Gaza bombing
Associated Press ReporterJERUSALEM (AP) -- Three Israelis were killed and two wounded Thursday when a bomb went off next to a tank in the Gaza Strip, Israeli military officials said.
Palestinians opened fire on a civilian convoy guarded by soldiers and set off a bomb, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity. The Israelis sent a tank into the area and a huge bomb exploded under it, they said. The officials would not say whether the casualties were soldiers or civilians.
The incident took place near the Netzarim intersection southeast of Gaza City, the officials said.
About 5,000 Israeli settlers live in Gaza among more than a million Palestinians. Israel controls the main roads through Gaza, and soldiers protect convoys of civilian vehicles entering and leaving the settlements.
The Israeli rescue service Magen David Adom sent ambulances to the scene of the bombing. The wounded were taken to Soroka Hospital in Beersheba.
The attack follows an Israeli incursion into Palestinian-controlled areas of Gaza. The 18-hour operation, the largest in Gaza since violence erupted more than 16 months ago, ended Wednesday evening. Five Palestinians were killed during the raids, which the Israeli military said were a response to rocket fire by Hamas militants on Sunday.