- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Glenn Eldridge, 75, of Chaffee died Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2002, at his home.
He was born Dec. 20, 1926, at Chaffee, son of John and Ethel Mae Carnell Eldridge. He and Mildred Crumbaugh were married Dec. 20, 1950.
Eldridge was a retired mill superintendent and had worked at Cape Grain and C.G.B. in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of First United Methodist Church and past master of Chaffee Masonic Lodge 615.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Brad Eldridge of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Robin Graham of Chaffee; three brothers, John and Russell Eldridge of Cape Girardeau, Arthur Eldridge of Jackson, Mo.; a sister, Geneva Proffer of Chaffee; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a son.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. today. A Masonic service will be held at 7.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Marty Blakey officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.