- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Gary Lynn Howell, 38, of Marble Hill died Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2002, at Beverly Health and Rehabilitation Services of Cape Girardeau.
He was born June 4, 1963, at Farmington, Mo., son of Carl Dean and LaNelle Ruth Holmes Howell Sr. He and Clara May Cook were married July 21, 1997, in Scott City, Mo.
Formerly of Scott City, Howell was a heavy equipment operator. He was a member of Eisleben Lutheran Church in Scott City.
Survivors include his wife; his mother of Scott City; two brothers, James and Donald Howell of Scott City; and a sister, LeAnna Wright of Commerce, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his father and a brother.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 4-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. David Thompson officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery at Scott City.