- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Gary Lynn Howell, 38, of Marble Hill died Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2002, at Beverly Health and Rehabilitation Services of Cape Girardeau.
He was born June 4, 1963, at Farmington, Mo., son of Carl Dean and LaNelle Ruth Holmes Howell Sr. He and Clara May Cook were married July 21, 1997, in Scott City, Mo.
Formerly of Scott City, Howell was a heavy equipment operator. He was a member of Eisleben Lutheran Church in Scott City.
Survivors include his wife; his mother of Scott City; two brothers, James and Donald Howell of Scott City; and a sister, LeAnna Wright of Commerce, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his father and a brother.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 4-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. David Thompson officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery at Scott City.