- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)73
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Gary Lynn Howell, 38, of Marble Hill died Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2002, at Beverly Health and Rehabilitation Services of Cape Girardeau.
He was born June 4, 1963, at Farmington, Mo., son of Carl Dean and LaNelle Ruth Holmes Howell Sr. He and Clara May Cook were married July 21, 1997, in Scott City, Mo.
Formerly of Scott City, Howell was a heavy equipment operator. He was a member of Eisleben Lutheran Church in Scott City.
Survivors include his wife; his mother of Scott City; two brothers, James and Donald Howell of Scott City; and a sister, LeAnna Wright of Commerce, Mo.
He was preceded in death by his father and a brother.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 4-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. David Thompson officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery at Scott City.