- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Military digest 2/14
Henderson ends training at center
Senior recruit Nicholas Edward Henderson has graduated from Great Lakes Naval Training Center at Great Lakes, Ill.
During his nine-week training Henderson performed drill and ceremony marches and was taught traditions, customs and discipline of the Navy. He became familiar with usage of small firearms, gas masks, basic damage control and basic firefighting.
Henders is now training as an E-L at Shepherd AFB in Wichita Falls, Texas, and will transfer to Gulfport, Miss., to receive electronics/construction training.
Henderson is the son of Lynda Lorenz and stepson of Steve Caldwell of Jackson, Mo. He is a graduate of Jackson High School, class of 1999.
Hente completes basic training
Airman Brian J. Hente has graduated from basic training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio. He is currently receiving technical training at Sheppard Air Force Base, Wichita Falls, Texas, as a crew chief for the F-15E fighter.
The 2000 graduate of Jackson High School is the son of John and Carol Hente, Benton, Mo.
Messer graduates basic training
Army National Guard Pvt. Stephen D. Messer has graduated from basic military training at Fort Leonard Wood, Waynesville, Mo. During training he received instruction in drill ceremonies, weapons, map reading, tactics, military courtesy, military justice, physical fitness, first aid, and Army history and traditions.
Messer's parents are Mike and Martina Welker of Perryville, Mo. He is a 2001 graduate of Perryville High School.
Moore attends Lackland in Texas
Air Force Airman William C. Moore has graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.
During the six weeks of training, the airman studied the Air Force mission, organization, and customs, performed drill and ceremony marches and received physical training and special training in human relations.
In addition, airmen who complete basic training earn credits toward an associate degree through the Community College of the Air Force.
Moore is the son of Marsha Asbridge and Charles Moore, both of McClure, Ill. He is a 2001 graduate of Shawnee High School, Wolf Lake, Ill.